Sunday, March 7, 2010

Peggy's Garden in Digboi, Assam



Hi,
I went to Digboi to visit Peggy Carswell and her husband, Kel. She lives in Merville and is doing her very best to inspire the tea growers in Assam to grow organic tea. She has a demonstration garden there that is awesome. This photo is one of her and Pompy, her administrative assistant and right hand woman. Pompy is sharp and very competent. She also manages the garden when Peggy comes back to Canada. While I was there I met two lovely women who were from Canada. Peggy encourages volunteers to come and experience organic farming. She uses Bio Dynamics and Vrikshayurveda. She's very dedicated. Here is her website address: http://www.fertile-ground.org/

It was raining and really cold in Digboi and I felt so very much like a Princess. I hate being cold and did not bring the right clothes to India. Luckily there are no wimpy photos of me dressed in four layers and then wrapped in their down sleeping bag. It was not a pretty picture, but I lived.
It's warm in Delhi. At last.

No comments:

Post a Comment