Friday, February 19, 2010

Luxaman Jhula Soldiers



As I went to the Mother Ganga this afternoon to submerge the last shawl in the Ganges, I noticed that soldiers with guns were at both ends of the bridge. When I returned to cross back over the bridge around 4:30, there were about 50 soldiers. They were in blue uniforms, had helmets, face plates, sticks and guns. They were positioned on the rooftops overlooking the bridge and the German Bakery, which was the target of terrorists in Pune.
Life goes on with a bit more awareness. It would take a lot more than this to disturb the peace that the Mother Ganga brings to my heart. Here she is in all of her radiant beauty.
I leave for Delhi tomorrow; the shawls have all been dipped and my goal has been achieved.

1 comment:

  1. What a juxtoposition! The beautiful, peaceful Ganges and the armed -- smiling!!! -- soldiers. Ah, you've hyptonized them, right?? All is well.

    ReplyDelete