Wednesday, February 17, 2010

On the Way to Rishikesh




Just before the turnoff to Haridwar our car was stopped, along with all the others, and we had to present our passports to soldiers with guns. The car was searched for guns and bombs. The driver told me that two bombs had been found in Haridwar the month before; one at the foot of the large Shiva temple and the other at the train station. These terrorists are serious but I am keeping my wits about me. However I am sticking to my program and will stay in places where I feel are safe.

At one point in the journey there was an accident on the road and cars were detoured. To my absolute delight we went through a small village and I got to shoot many photos out the window of the car. Here are a few.

I am in Rishikesh now and feel safe. And, yes, I will avoid the German Bakery...
The wind is howling outside and it is good to be in the Himalayas again. my second home....

No comments:

Post a Comment